Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Alan Franklin

Alan Franklin will be speaking at our church August 22-24 he has given me some insights on what he will be teaching us in his prophecy seminars.


Good morning Darrell.

Daniel chapters 2 and 7 is a good start. I am concentrating on the interpretation of the king's dream, the four empires, starting with the Babylonian, then on to the Roman Empire and now the revived Roman Empire. I will show with many illustrations what is happening in Europe, the spiritual nature of the EU, the fact that all false religions stem from Babylon and how Babylon is now being revived in many aspects within the EU. There is far more detail, with Biblical references throughout, in our books than I am able to get into the presentations.

I am glad you are studying Daniel. I recommend Noah Hutchings' book, Daniel The Prophet, available from SWRC - linked to our website, thefreepressonline.co.uk

Our house Bible study group went through Daniel for nine months and that is probably the timeframe you need to do it thoroughly. You did well to choose the Olivet Discourse as well - the Lord Jesus Christ setting the scene for the end times prior to His return, which is very soon, in my opinion.

I do not have any written commentary as I speak ad-lib as I put up different slides.

I will probably start on the Sunday morning with The Middle East in Bible Prophecy, as this is very Bible text-based and more suitable for the morning service. I show in great detail the fate of all the nations about to come against Israel and major on Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38/39, setting out the sequence of end times events from a Biblical perspective. This is illustrated with many pictures we have taken in Israel.

In the evening I will concentrate on Europe in Bible Prophecy, although I would be happy to switch these presentations if the church wishes - I am at your service. On the Monday I will do a presentation on Cults and Isms: True or False? based on our book of the same name. This gives clear, Biblical guidance and discernment, particularly in our Tables of Truth, setting out what the false cults say and what the Bible says, side by side. It is powerful and vital information.

I will conclude on the Tuesday with What in the World is Going On? making sense of current events from a Biblical perspective. Judgement on the nations, the effects of sin and so forth. People tell me these presentations are very clear and that is our aim: our background, of course, is in in journalism rather than theology although we have been privileged to have sat under some wonderful Bible teachers over the past 30 years, men like Arnold Fructenbaum, whom we rate very highly. If we are in doubt about the original text we are able to consult our daughter, who is a fluent Hebrew speaker and writer with an MA from Cambridge U in theology and oriental languages. Our son in law Michael is a Messianic Jew and Bible scholar and they live, with our grandaughters, in northern Israel, so we get lots of up to date on the spot information from our friends and relatives there. They are members of a Brethren assembly in Israel while we belong to an independent, Bible-based evangelical church in Surrey, England. In Britain I mainly speak on behalf of The Prophetic Witness Movement International, which is linked to our website.

I hope this gives you the background and information you require. Please come back with any queries. We do not have good internet access as we travel and this is coming to you from a public library in St. Louis.

With best regards, in His name - Alan.

No comments:

Post a Comment